Sven Anderson (piano, guitar) and Janet Tenaj (piano, vocalist).
As Detroit-based composers and musicians, we’ve been privileged to play a small role in linking the great musical tradition that runs through this city with new directions in music, as they emerge. It’s all music to us whether it’s — Working with Jazz Masters like:
- Jimmy Scott, J.C. Heard, Marcus Belgrave and Earl Klugh
- Members of the Funk Brothers like Joe Messina, Pistol Allen, Johnny Trudell, Larry Nozero, as well as
- Earl VanDyke and David VanDePitt who created the Motown sound.
Backing up many national acts and touring companies, as Sven has done for:
- Martin Short, Robert Goulet, Clay Aiken, and Regis Philbin or
- “Beauty and The Beast”, to name a few.
Having our last CD, “You and I/On The Way Home”, engineered by Grammy winner Steve King (R.I.P.).
Branching out on our own with such projects as:
- John Baron’s jazz version recording of the MC5’s “Kick Out the Jams” featuring original MC5 guitarist Wayne Kramer, John Barron, Sven Anderson, Rob Emanuel and Keith Kaminski
- Projects with Rob Emanuel’s “You’re Not Going To Like This”.
- Janet’s original creation, “Jazz Is ElemenTREE”, a children’s music education curriculum, endorsed by NEA Jazz Master, Dr. Billy Taylor, encompassing all music genres and promoting human kindness and environmental awareness.
Books Sven has authored on studies of piano and guitar –
- Classical II-V-I Bach,
- Classical II-V-I Chopin for Piano, and
- Guiliani’s 120 Exercises on Standard Chord Progressions for Guitar.
Writing these books and programs is our way of “paying it forward” to future generations of musicians.
As you explore our website, you’ll find music we’ve composed as well as our performances with other groups. We hope you enjoy what you hear, will share our music with your friends, and will consider purchasing our new CD, “Doc’s Holiday”.
With live performances at a standstill due to the pandemic, we’re exploring new avenues for engaging our music fans outside the traditional context. In the meantime, your support of our music is appreciated more than ever. We’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for visiting,
Sven and Janet